Halloween - The Recap

Well - we couldn’t have asked for better weather last night for a little trick or treating! And we couldn’t have asked for better entries to our #caccostumecontest! Below are just a few of the awesome costumed pet pictures that were submitted. Follow us on Instagram (@clarendonanimalcare) and facebook (@clarendonvet) to see all the entries and winners!


And now that everyone has way too much candy in their homes - let’s recap some of the many reasons we should keep it all away from our fur-kids:

  • Chocolate, raisins and xylitol are all toxic to our pets! Chocolate can cause gastrointestinal disturbances, cardiac arrhythmias and neurological symptoms; raisins can cause acute kidney failure and xylitol can cause acute liver failure!

  • Often, our pets are no good at moderation - and eating lots of fat and sugar-filled candy can cause some pretty impressive gastrointestinal disturbances, but also trigger more severe issues like pancreatitis.

  • The wrappers can lead to physical irritation and obstruction of the gastrointestinal tract.