Preventive care is the most effective and least expensive means of protecting a pet’s well being. That’s why Drs Ungerer and Gloor recommend yearly nose-to-tail wellness checkups, a balanced approach to vaccinations, microchip pet identification, and regular screenings for diseases that afflict pets in their later years. High-quality care for your pet also includes a commitment to strong client/doctor communication. It is important that we respect your thoughts, opinions and concerns as well as share our veterinary knowledge with you. In fact, client education is something we emphasize. Our entire healthcare team is committed to providing personal attention to the unique concerns of our clients and their pets.
To meet the needs of you and your pet, we offer: comprehensive medical exams, wellness & preventative care, domestic & international health certificates, and sick pet & urgent care exams.
- We utilize both in-house laboratory diagnostics (hematology, blood chemistries, heartworm & tick-borne disease testing, urine and fecal testing) for rapid results in our sick patients, as well as reference laboratory submissions that give us a quick turnaround (often same day or next day) for more comprehensive screenings and work ups.
- We also utilize state of the art imaging with digital general radiology, digital dental radiology and ultrasound for rapid imaging results.
- All surgery is accompanied by state of the art anesthesia, pain management, and anesthesia monitoring (including EKG, end tidal CO2, pulse oximetry, blood pressure & thermoregulation).
- Neutering (spay & castration), mass removals, abdominal surgery, limb amputations, and other general surgeries.
- Dental Prophylaxis – cleaning & polishing
- Minor Oral Surgery
- Digital Dental Radiology
Therapeutic Laser -
- We have a class 4 K-Laser, which is uses specific wavelengths of light (red and near-infrared) to create therapeutic effects. These effects include improved healing time, pain reduction, increased circulation and decreased swelling.
- Conditions we can use the laser to our benefit include: wounds, lick granulomas, ear infections, arthritis, degenerative disk disease, etc... to name a few
- Visit My K-Laser Pet for more information on the uses and benefits of therapeutic laser!
- Full In-House Pharmacy
- Flea & Tick Preventatives
- Heartworm Preventatives
- Online Pharmacy – save time and money by having your pets medications shipped right to your door!
Community Service/Rescue Groups –
Both Dr. Ungerer and Dr. Gloor volunteer their time with the Animal Welfare League of Arlington. Additionally, Clarendon Animal Care provides free initial exam to pets adopted from following shelters or rescue groups (within 14 days of adoption):
Finally, both Drs Ungerer and Gloor have close working relationships with the nearby 24hr emergency/referral centers and travelling specialists for those times when your pet needs 24/7 care in an ICU or the specialized care of a veterinary specialist, board-certified in their field.